How to play Powerball :
- The purpose of Powerball is to select 6 (six) numbers corresponding to the number drawn in the jackpot sweepstakes.
- The easiest and quickest way is to select "quick pick" (quick selection), which is a series of randomly selected numbers by the lottery machine.
- If you selected your own number, select a different number between 1 and 59, as well as one "Powerball" number from 1 to 35. The Powerball number may be equal to one of the five numbers you have selected, since it is pulled from the number pool different.
- When playing Powerball, you must choose either Cash Option or Jackpot Annuity. With Cash Option, you choose to receive cash value from the jackpot in lump sum form after tax deductible. Annuity Jackpot options give you some of the total jackpots in 30 installments (for 29 years).
- Each ticket is worth $ 2 plus online service fee.
- In most states selling Powerball tickets, you can choose to add the Power Play feature by adding $ 1 for each ticket (this feature is not available in California). Power Play can increase your chances of winning a non-jackpot prize of up to 2, 3, 4, or 5-fold, depending on the Power Play numbers drawn that night. Check the "YES" box under "Power Play" to select this feature.
- Online tickets can be purchased until 5:00 pm Eastern American time. Check back on the intermediate site you use to confirm this time.